Couples        Engagement        Weddings        Maternity        Newborns        Children        Families        Seniors
      Email Me       On Facebook

Santorini: Day 4 (Conquering Skaros)

We just arrived in Athens. We took a 10 hour overnight ferry from Santorini where we had a cabin with bunk beds! Fun stuff..I always wanted bunk beds as a kid..as a married adult, not so much. I think we slept a total of 1 hour. Cabin with bed to rest = money not well spent. We did, however, play cards until we passed out.

Our last day in Santorini was a short one and left us time for only one last adventure. Yup, you guessed it, the search for my mystery church. I did some research on the handy internet and found out that Skaros Rock was at some point a thriving fortress and the capital of Santorini. There were actually around 200 houses on the rock. Between the 18th and 19th century, earthquake eruptions cause considerable damage and the only thing left standing on the rock is a small church, the Chapel of Agios Ioannis Apokefalistheis. Try saying that fast 5 times. So that's the history lesson for the day.

So here is our journey in pictures:


I took this picture from right outside our balcony from our hotel.


This was from our ferry on the way to Athens.


We're not playing around here...


And here she is in all her splendor:






This was really cool. To me it looks like a lion guarding over Santorini.


The sweet smell of victory. Thanks Skaros, for reminding me how out of shape I am.

Posted byCarolina Araujo at 12:27 AM