Couples        Engagement        Weddings        Maternity        Newborns        Children        Families        Seniors
      Email Me       On Facebook

Like A Proud Mama!

The bad news: Alex is away on business for 2 weeks.
The worse news: He comes back March 8th. Our one year wedding anniversary is March 3rd. You do the math.
The GREAT news: He's in Prague!

As sad as I was when I found out that we wouldn't be spending our one year wedding anniversary together, I was twice as excited for him to have this opportunity to travel to Czech Republic, even if it is on business. What can I say..I'm a cool wife, that's just how I roll.

I was even happier when he expressed interest in wanting to pick my brain and learn what I know about photography. I was so stoked! So I started telling him everything I know about ISO, shutter speed, aperture..how they work together..blah blah blah. So I learned that I'm not a great teacher but he did a good job of piecing together my choppy information and making ends meet. I dropped him off at the airport yesterday afternoon. He arrived in Prague at 3am Tampa time, 9am Prague time, rested up a little bit, grabbed a bite, and at around 5pm Prague time he headed out to get lost in the city. No agenda, just walked around to see what he could stumble upon. Of course, he left with camera in hand and newly acquired skills.

He came back to the hotel and Skyped me. He told me about walking around the city, how beautiful it was, how it still hasn't sunk in that he's on the other side of the world. The best thing he told me though was:

"Now I see why you get home after taking pictures and you are so excited about uploading and editing."

He's so happy with how his pictures are turning out and this is only his first time shotting fully in manual mode! He has 2 full weeks to take in the beautiful scenery and get better and better! This makes me happy to no end. Not only is he enjoying himself, but hopefully he will get so hooked that he will totally understand why my lens and equipment wish list is growing by the day!

Without further adieu..here are some shots taken by my hubby Alex of his first day in Prague.


This picture has a funny little story. When I saw it, I asked him if he used a tripod. He said "Nope, I used my iron lungs, it really is a perk." He's addicted to Call of Duty!









When he returns, I'm making it a point to have a Best Of blog entry with his best pictures of Prague!

Posted byCarolina Araujo at 4:52 PM  

1 comments:

Anonymous said... February 26, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

Uh, WOW!!! Those are beautiful!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment