Couples        Engagement        Weddings        Maternity        Newborns        Children        Families        Seniors
      Email Me       On Facebook

By Your Side

One year ago today marked the beginning of a new chapter in my life. After years of anticipation (mostly by our mothers, not too much by us!), months of preparation and days of little sleep, Alex and I were married March 3rd, 2007. It was a truly perfect day. Maybe not perfect by others standards being that we had to move our ceremony from outside to inside the day before because of rain. But perfect for us. We added a lot of personal touches to our wedding but we knew that at the end of the day, those things didn't matter. As long as the people we cared about and loved us were there, everything else would fall into place.

The ceremony was pretty much comedy hour. I can't believe I didn't shed a tear during our vows. Don't get me wrong, my eyes were really welling up and I was about to break down until the officiant asked me to repeat 'for richer or for poorer' and I stumbled on the 'poorer' part. Our 200+ audience erupted into laughter (at least the Spanish speaking ones), and so did I!

The reception was one big party. I'm not kidding, I didn't sit down once after we had dinner. It felt like everyone was on the dance floor the entire night! That was the goal.

To everyone that helped out in any way, I want to say Thank You once again.
To Alex: even though you aren't physically here, please know that I'm 'By Your Side'. I love you more each and every day. I can't wait to celebrate 5, 10, 25, 50 years with you! You are THE one. Happy Anniversary!


With our wonderful wedding party..


The theme of the night..


Our beautiful cakes (we had 19 total!) and table assignment candles..


Everyone dancing!..

Posted byCarolina Araujo at 12:47 AM